The new modern facility brings mental health and learning disability community teams together under one roof.
The move allows teams to work more closely with one another, which will benefit service users and staff alike by improving communication and aiding transfers of care between services.
The development of North Moor House represents TEWV’s ongoing commitment to invest in the modernisation of local mental health services. The improved clinical and office space will allow more people to be seen, ultimately improving access to services and reducing waiting times.
As part of our ongoing commitment to listen to and work closely with service users, carers and partners, the hub was developed in partnership with local people to make sure that the building meets the needs of the local population and offers a welcoming environment for those using our services.
Teams that have moved into the hub are listed below and the following teams have new contact details so please make sure your contact information for these services is updated.
- North Moor House main reception – 01609785050
- Mental health services for older people community mental health team - 01609 785060
- Memory services - 01609 785090
The following services are also moving into the hub but will keep their existing numbers:
- Adult community mental health team - 01609 751850 / 01609 751851
- Learning disability community team - 01609 751874
- Child and adolescent mental health services – single point of access 0300 013 4778, main reception 01609 718810
- Crisis service - 0800 0516 171
- Improving access to psychological therapies (IAPT) - 01609 768890